Force Touch/Firefox

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by adjeff8, Nov 3, 2015.

1. adjeff8 macrumors 6502

adjeff8

Anybody have any idea when or if Firefox will support the Force Touch trackpad. My MacBook Pro is two weeks old and I love the new trackpad, but I'm already tired of having to use Safari

2. Al2O3 macrumors newbie

I can't answer your question, and I don't know how you want to use the Force Touch feature in Firefox, but I have a new rMBP 13" (OS X 10.11.1) with Firefox 41 doing everything I want. In particular, two-finger force-click-and-keep-down lets me use FireGestures just fine, which usually needs a right-click-and-hold mouse gesture or a trackpad with dedicated buttons. Hooray! I can't do without Tree Style Tab and a number of other FF extensions, so I don't run Safari.

3. adjeff8 thread starter macrumors 6502

adjeff8

I just want the features the trackpad can do on Safari, like forceclicking on any word and getting the definition and thesaurus info, clicking on a name and getting the bio and video links, clicking on any link and getting a preview of that link without leaving the page that you are on, and clicking on any file on my computer and getting a quick preview/peek of whats in that file. That kind of stuff

4. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

Well I'd imagine that wether firefox brings those sort of features to their browser will depend on wether those same features will become available on other platforms. I can't imagine that mac users using firefox with force touch make a big enough subset to make it worth their while at the moment.

5. adjeff8 thread starter macrumors 6502

adjeff8

Yeah, I figured that. but it's also my bet that this force Touch technology will eventually make its way to the Windows world. This whole Taptic thing that is now a feature on the new iPhones and is a part of the Force Touch technology is bound to spread throughout the technology world