Force Touch Google

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AppleMan2015, Oct 4, 2015.

1. AppleMan2015 macrumors regular

AppleMan2015

I'm a guy that uses Google apps for literally everything - Drive, Mail, Chrome, etc.

THATS the stuff that might actually be good with Force Touch and even Facebook.

Do you think that these apps would get Force Touch (sooner rather than later) or nah?

2. ielessar macrumors regular

Maybe pretty soon. Instagram and Camera+ already have implemented 3D touch, I wouldn't be surprised if Google did it soon.

3. ZombiePete macrumors 68020

ZombiePete

That's really up to Google; there's certainly nothing stopping them from implementing it. Be interesting to see if they do; my experience is that they try to stick with Android sensibilities in their iOS apps.

4. noobinator macrumors 603

noobinator

Not until Android devices start releasing Force Touch (outside of the one phone now).

5. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

6. jabingla2810 macrumors 68020

How do you find using chrome?

I don't think I could even think about using another browser to Safari till Apple let us change default apps. Does it not get annoying when most apps direct you to safari?

7. AppleMan2015 thread starter macrumors regular

AppleMan2015

I don't mind it at all. I usually just read whatever opens in safari then close that tab and close safari. I would like to change the default app though, that would be nice.

8. ultravisitor macrumors 6502a

ultravisitor

Google has actually introduced features into their apps on iOS way before they have with Android. Case in point: Hangouts. So I think they're interested in making sure their services work well on iOS.

I'm another who uses basically all Google services on my iPhone. The exception is Safari, but only because it's tied into the system. If I could set the default browser to Chrome, I probably would.

9. OTACORB macrumors 68000

OTACORB

It will be nice to see more and more apps adopt the 3D Touch! Rather Google will do it I guess only time will tell. However, I am totally opposite the original poster. I came from the Note 4 to the iPhone 6S Plus. I've not loaded a single solitary Google app on my iPhone. I've deleted anything associated with Google on my other Apple devices, including my computers. I am sick of Google parsing through all my stuff. In my opinion Google can kiss my glass. LOL

10. TheMacApple macrumors regular

TheMacApple

I used to be all about google, but having a MB pro I found transferring everything to icloud and simply forwarding my email, makes life easier on the iphone

11. brand macrumors 601

brand

Force Touch ≠ 3D Touch

Since Force Touch is not available on iOS my guess is that it would not be possible for those apps to support Force Touch.

12. docal97 macrumors 6502a

docal97

I would think that eventually Google, like most app developers, will update their apps to enable 3d touch. Most disappointed to date that we haven't seen any of the major 3rd party twitter apps update their apps with 3d touch capabilities. I know it's coming, but I guess I just need to be patient. But I think one of the best uses of 3d touch would be clicking on all those embedded links in my twitter feed!