Force touch hint?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Tumblrmeme, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Tumblrmeme macrumors newbie

Ok so I have a 5s running iOS 9 beta 2. I have the Twitter app and was using it when I found out that the only way to access the bottom 4 buttons to see your profile, newsfeed, notifications and messages was to long press it. All the other buttons at the top worked fine with a light tap. Could this be a hint at the 6s coming with force touch or is it just a bug in the Twitter app?

2. stevemiller macrumors 65816

the buttons are always visible but only respond to a long press? That must be a bug. There's no reason for it otherwise.

And I certainly hope they don't artificially slow down certain ui interactions just to reward people who are using force touch.

3. nj-morris macrumors 68000

nj-morris

If FT is just going to do what long press currently does, I honestly don't see the point. A long press isn't much effort at all.

4. mpavilion macrumors 6502a

I agree; and it also doesn't seem in keeping with Apple's approach of generally (though not always) avoiding long-press or "hidden" menu options in iOS. I see how it makes sense in the watch, where screen space is limited -- but not so much on a phone.

If not for the rumors, which seem pretty conclusive, I would have bet that FT isn't actually coming to iPhone.