Force Touch Home "Button" 6s

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by eish2306, Jun 26, 2015.

1. eish2306 macrumors regular

eish2306

Could the physical home button be replaced with area with force touch, and touch id - a simple hold thumb in place or light tap would work as it currently does, and a force touch would be like a proper push of the button

The metal ring could stay i suppose for looks and to define the area - remove the depression, maybe change the feel of the glass via micro etching or something - like a kindle screen, which would allow you to just feel the button - that way the front becomes one piece of glass - with only a speaker hole, which could become really small holes? that would improve its waterproofness?

The area to the side could also be touch sensitive I had the idea reading http://forums.macrumors.com/threads...grate-touch-and-display-driver-chips.1894136/ and http://www.macrumors.com/2015/06/26/iphone-force-touch-early-production/

so one piece with defined area for home "button" with with no loss of function - area to the side could call up force touch menu - maybe there could be a light to indicate this is an option for user friendliness, or just general swipe use, having more of the front panel touch sensitive could also improve the swipe up or down for notifications or shortcuts tray

2. nouveau-apple macrumors 6502a

3. Paddle1 macrumors 68030

I don't know how you would use it to do a reset if it isn't physical.

4. nepalisherpa macrumors 68020

nepalisherpa

You still have three physical buttons left: power, volume up, and volume down. If Apple were to get rid of the home button then I'm sure they will find a way to do a hard-reset.

5. ipadpro macrumors 6502a

ipadpro

iphone only 4.7 and 5.5
    we dont have much time to keep force touch that and this ,that take waste time
    just like now touch like we touch is much better -@

6. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

We don't have much time? Apple is not taking a survey and i suspect that if you do not want to use force touch on the 6S, you simply do not use it.

7. lakaiordie macrumors 65816

you have NO IDEA what you're talking about. go home you're drunk.

8. Khalanad75 macrumors 6502

Khalanad75

I guess I am an odd one. I honestly don't mind the bezels and like having a physical home button.

9. Cutiekitty92 macrumors 68000

Cutiekitty92

As long as I dont have to punch my screen to use it.... :D;)

10. whtrbt7 macrumors 6502a

Force touch would help the iPhone a LOT. You have no idea how many busted iPhone buttons I've seen. The force touch sensor and haptic engine can fit right underneath the touch ID and sapphire crystal. Using it on new Macs is currently awesome. Realistically, I want the entire screen to be force touch too so we can get pressure sensitivity.