Force Touch on the iMac - Any idea when if ever?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by FriendlyMackle, Aug 10, 2015.

1. FriendlyMackle macrumors 6502

FriendlyMackle

Since Force Touch has been or will be shortly available on all mobile and laptop devices -- when will those of us using a desktop get it? Do you think that Apple will update their trackpad with this functionality? It really leaves desktop users in the dust not to have this new great functionality!

2. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

Yes, I think Apple will add force touch feature to their magic trackpad.
    When will they do that? No one here will know.

I suspect that Apple will replace the existing trackpad soon. They won't need a special event just for that, and Apple can release it when it's ready.

3. FriendlyMackle thread starter macrumors 6502

FriendlyMackle

Thanks for responding!
    I agree, no special event for the trackpad - maybe just a throw in with the Fall OSX update? I mean, the MBP and MB have had it for a few months now; and I'd guess that it will become more useful over time starting with the next OS X (Cap)...I did try it on a friend's Macbook and I really liked it!
    And, won't be ready to replace my 2013 (manuf in 2012) laptop just yet...

4. hifimacianer macrumors member

I hope they will release a Magic Trackpad with ForceTouch with the new iMac this fall.

5. Dubadai macrumors regular

Dubadai

It would make sense if they released it this fall since almost all Macs will be using it and they are implementing uses for it in OSX.

6. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

If they are going to start bundling new force-touch enabled trackpads with iMacs, it makes sense to coincide this announcement with new Macs (perhaps the rumoured 4k 21" iMac and refreshed 5k iMacs at the end of the year?).

7. FriendlyMackle thread starter macrumors 6502

FriendlyMackle

I think also that people have already seen code referencing the 4K 21" iMac is the latest Cap betas. So, hopefully coming soon - along with the new trackpad (fingers crossed!).