Force Touch Pad for desktop Macintosh ?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by lugesm, Mar 25, 2015.

1. lugesm macrumors 6502a

Sep 7, 2007
    I have used the existing touch pad with my iMac for several years and love it. But, I would love to replace it with a Force-Touch version.

I thought that Apple would announce such a product when the new MacBook was introduced. No such luck.

Any thoughts?
  2. scottyy macrumors member

Mar 24, 2015
    I'll be the first in line when they release one. It feels odd using my Magic Trackpad now.
  3. Celerondon macrumors 6502a

Oct 17, 2013
    Southern Cal
    Perhaps If We Chant-

Force-Touch, Force-Touch, Force-Touch...

I scarcely use a mouse on my personal computer anymore. How much better can a trackpad be? This Magic Trackpad functions as an ideal transition tool between the human and the machine interface (OS X). When will it come?

Force-Touch, Force Touch, Force Touch...
  4. Joe HS macrumors 6502

Jun 22, 2011
    United Kingdom
    The standalone Magic Trackpad's clicking mechanism is currently in the feet and not below the glass surface like in MacBooks; adopting force touch would probably require a thicker body, which I don't see Apple doing unless there is a complete redesign to make that work.
  5. Zorn macrumors 6502a

Feb 14, 2006
    There was a post a few days ago about images for a new Apple keyboard with backlighting showing up on their online store, it appears safe to say they are working on an updated keyboard and most likely a Force Touch Magic Trackpad.
  6. chabig macrumors 68040

Sep 6, 2002
    A force touch Magic Trackpad isn't likely because it would use too much battery power.