Force Touch Trackpad - Change gesture length/magnitude

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Brookzy, May 15, 2015.

1. Brookzy macrumors 68040

Brookzy

Any ex-MBA-turned-rMB users notice a more deliberate horizontal swipe is needed on the rMB to move backwards and forwards between webpages?

After more than a week I still often fail to go back on the first swipe - the shorter swipe that seemed to suffice on the MBA is still embedded in my muscle memory!

Is it just me? Can it be changed by software? :)

2. jev425 macrumors 6502

jev425

I have a 2010 macbook pro and although not a macbook just got the pro and have also noticed the swipe to go back on webpage is a little different. Not in a bad way but definitely noticeable

3. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

It is both the new rMB and the new rMBP (both with the new trackpads). Like you said, you have to be more deliberate with you swipes.

4. J.C macrumors 6502

Same experience on my MacBook. Sometimes it gets really bad and i need to swipe across the entire trackpad from one side to the other before it will work. Hate it.

5. turbo87 macrumors newbie

Agreed. Same for me on both the rMB and the 2015 13 rMPR with force touch. Wondering if this can be fixed in SW update.

6. J.C macrumors 6502

I think it's a software issue more than hardware as you can pull the current page right out of the way (showing that the hardware input is working) only to have it bounce back.