FORCE UNLEASHED & DRAGON AGE system requirements

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by AeroBar, Mar 6, 2010.

1. AeroBar macrumors 6502a

Hello,

I was about to buy THE FORCE UNLEASHED for MAC and I was checking the specs on the official site.

Mac System Requirements

" MAC RECOMMENDED
    CPU Speed: 2.6 GHz Intel Quad-Core
    Video Card: Geforce 8800
    Video Memory (VRam): 512 MB

NOTICE: Intel integrated video chipsets are not supported.

NOTICE: Apple Intel Chipsets only. Power PC Processors (G4 and G5) are not supported

NOTICE: This game is not supported on volumes formatted as Mac OS Extended (Case Sensitive) "

My processor is 2.16 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo and my hard drive is Mac OS Extended (Journaled).

Will I be able to play this on my computer?

I was also interested in the game DRAGON AGE AND THE SECTION OF THE BioWare site on the MAC version says "This game will not run on PowerPC(G3/G4/G5)based Mac systems or Intel GMA class of video cards."

What is "Intel GMA" and how can I tell if my system will work?

Cheers

2. Sambo110 macrumors 68000

Intel GMA are integrated and just plain suck for games. Do you know your graphics card? Go to Apple>About This Mac>More Info>Graphics and Displays. It should say something like:

Chipset Model: ATI Radeon HD 2400

But instead of 2400, it will say your card.

3. masterofbuckets macrumors regular

Yeah click on the Apple logo on the top left your screen, then click on About this Mac - > More info

That will show a list of all the hardware in your Mac. Look for something like 'Graphics & Display' on the left and click on it. You will see the name of your graphics card. Check if it is supported on the official mac site of the game.

The specifications mentioned in the first post are *recommended* ones which means if you want better performance, you should have the 8800GT or a 2.6 Ghz processor.

Having a 2.1 Ghz won't make much difference. What will make a difference is what video card you have. Hope this helps.

4. nigameash macrumors 6502

I have a umbp 2.66ghz, with 256mb vram dedicated (9600) and the game(star wars- force unleashed sith edition) runs flawlessly on medium(they look like high to me :D) settings :)

I've played dragon age on medium settings on bootcamp and its got no lags

if u've got a integrated card, u cant play it :( sorry m8

5. pknz macrumors 68020

pknz

Wondering if it will run on a 2006 Mac Pro with X1900XT graphics card.

6. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

It should run, pknz, but not with maxed-out settings. Not that that's everyone's goal. :)

7. 06m1r3m86 macrumors newbie

I have a late 2007 iMac (2.4ghz) with the Radeon 2600HD, does anyone know how Dragon Age will run on that?