force watch face to stay on when charging?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Apps' started by idealcheese, Apr 24, 2015.

1. idealcheese macrumors regular

All the pics of the Apple Watch on charging stands show the clock face, which made me think it would be perfect to have a stand by on my nightstand so that I could look at the watch to check the time during the night. But so far I can't find any setting on the watch to make the clock face stay on when charging. Hope I'm missing something...?

2. dacreativeguy macrumors 68020

I doubt you'll see anything like this. As far as I could tell in my brief playing with mine yesterday, the watch doesn't charge very quickly when the display is on. Not sure what the value of it being on all night while you are sleeping, but you can always tap the screen to see the time while it is off your wrist.

3. idealcheese thread starter macrumors regular

I use a clock app on my iPhone that keeps the screen on as long as the app is open. That way I don't have to fumble in the dark to check the time during the night. It would have been nice to have a setting that automatically keeps the clock screen on while the watch is charging...

4. bjdraw macrumors 6502a

This would be useful, especially if it could tie in with the DND schedule -- studies have shown that a visible clock negativily impacts your sleep.