Forced restart after deep sleep - Replaced ram and reinstall os x from scratch

Discussion in 'OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)' started by katiemorrisey3, Dec 17, 2012.

1. katiemorrisey3 macrumors newbie

Hi,

I've google and read over 40 articles on this issue and can't seem to find a solution so I'm hoping someone here could be kind enough to help me.

Specs
    Firstly I have a mid 2010 13" Macbook Pro. The Macbook has been upgrade to a 256 SSD and 8GB Ram.

The problem
    When I turn my laptop on after it's been put into deep sleep, I get an error message and I am unable to resume my work.

Situation
    I was original on snow leopard and I would close the lid of my laptop and come back to it the next day or so after the battery dies. When I connect power back to the laptop and turn it on, I get a "You need to restart your computer. Hold down the power button for several seconds or press the restart button." error message. I than installed the deep sleep widget and put it in deep sleep manually and when I turned it back on I got the same error message.

I upgraded to OS X Mountain Lion and tested it with the power drained out and the widget and I get "Your computer restarted because of a problem. Press a key or wait a few seconds to continue starting up." error message.

I downloaded the software update and got it to 10.8.2, tested it again, same problem.

I did a complete raw install. Put the mountain lion disk in the dvd drive, restarted my laptop, hold C, disk utility, format drive, reinstall mountain lion. I didn't merge any documents or anything. Absolute scratch basic raw mountain lion. Tested it, error still came up.

Software update on raw OS X > tested > error message.

Considering it could be a kernel panic, I went out and bought new ram. 2 x 4GB mac compatible ram. Installed, tested, still error message.

Formatted laptop with another raw install, software update, tested, still error message.

The fault only happens when the power runs out or when I put it manually into deep sleep. The error doesn't come when I'm just using it day to day.

Summary
    Snow Leopard > error
    Upgrade to Mountain Lion > error
    Software Update to 10.8.2 > error
    Complete format and raw install of mountain lion > error
    Software Update > error
    Replaced ram > error
    Complete format and raw install of mountain lion on new ram > error
    Software Update > error

Any help would be appreciated. I apologise if I sound like a retard above. I'm not very techy.

Thanks

2. meme1255 macrumors 6502

I have absolutely same problem as you with my MacBook Pro - and it's worse for me - my battery died ( I had to remove it) and I have to shutdown my MBP because deep sleep doesn't work :( - with Lion & SL I'd just wait a bit longer :( :mad: