Forced to log-on twice?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by jarop, Oct 16, 2011.

1. jarop macrumors newbie

Hi all, long time lurker first time poster,
    Recently I've been experiencing a weird issue with my notebook, and i'm not too sure what the first point of call should be to troubleshoot. Every time I log into my machine (high-end 2010 MacBook Air '11), it will without fail get me to log on twice. Basically it works as follows:
    1) Boot up machine and it takes me to login screen (there is only one user accout on the PC)
    2) Put in credentials - here it processes something for a while before my machine reboots
    3) Takes me back to login screen without any acknowledgement of what happened
    4) Login again and it takes me into my profile fine (at the normal fast speed you'd expect from the MBA)

I'm currently on 10.7.2 but I've been experiencing this also on 10.7.1.

My apologies if I've posted this in the wrong forum
    Thanks

2. johnhurley macrumors 6502a

johnhurley

Open up the console app ( under utilities ) and check for problems. You can send in some things to apple if necessary.

Have you tried fixing disk permission problems?

3. jarop thread starter macrumors newbie

That's an extract of the ERROR from the console log. It's much longer.

How would I troubleshoot the disk permissions?

4. Matthew Yohe macrumors 68020

What happens when you open System Preferences > Users & Groups > Click on Login Options > Change Automatic Login to your name.

Reboot.

5. jarop, Oct 16, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2011

jarop thread starter macrumors newbie

That option is greyed out and on "off". Tried to create another user to see if it was because there was only one user but didn't help.

edit: according to https://discussions.apple.com/message/2326872?messageID=2326872&#2326872 - That can't be enabled with FileVault turned on (which i have)

6. jarop thread starter macrumors newbie

7. daftlush macrumors newbie