Forced to make useless security questions before I can download a app.

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by tonyr6, May 2, 2012.

1. tonyr6 macrumors 65816

tonyr6

The thing is I already had security questions setup already but it will not let me download anything.

The questions were stupid and did not even apply to me like my first car when I don't even drive. Then I still had to put my password in again.

Why did it bug me I had good questions but I was forced to change them.

2. Xgm541 macrumors 6502a

3. Daveoc64 macrumors 601

This has already been covered recently.

Apple has started requiring new security questions/answers.

As you say, the process is incredibly flawed. A lot of people won't be able to answer the questions and would have had better answers already.

4. AndyK macrumors 65816

AndyK

I gave answers and have now most likely forgotten them.

5. tonyr6 thread starter macrumors 65816

tonyr6

The answers I gave them were only one short word anyway. Many of the questions did not even apply to me and I could not even type my own questions which before the change I was able to.

6. Arelunde macrumors 6502a

Arelunde

I agree that it was hard to find questions I could actually answer. Who was my first teacher?? That's so long in the past that I don't remember. Buddies? Say what?

I also notice I now have to put in my Apple password after an iCloud auto-backup. Hmmm.

7. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I had to set these up a couple of days ago, and I think one of the ones I chose was "first car". Am I supposed to type the make? The model? Both? And if I ever need to answer the question again, will I type it the same way?

8. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

I answered the questions on my iPhone and took a screenshot so I could remember them, but I forgot about all the pieces that now work together. I was surprised and somewhat amused to see that screenshot displaying as one of the photos on my AppleTV screensaver.

9. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

That should not be happening. Try logging out of iCloud and back in or restart your phone.