Forced to switch to a Blackbery :( Best way to keep both

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by markman, Jul 11, 2011.

1. markman macrumors newbie

Well, my company just got bought out by a much bigger firm that uses Blackberry's as there in house cell phone. I've been using iPhones since the first generation, which I bought off eBay for a ridiculous amount of money and unlocked.

I'm kinda sad that they won't let me use the iPhone as a work phone and are requiring me to use a bb.

Anyone else stuck in this predicament and how do you manage it? I'll probably end up carrying around two cell phones, but seems like a waste to do that.

2. dylanursula macrumors 6502

If you can influence you could see if in addition to the BES server for blackberry they will also allow the use of the GOOD email app so you can use that instead of BB. Probably would take a few people asking to be fair.

3. aristobrat macrumors G4

When I had to carry a separate work phone, I'd just call forward it to my personal phone so I'd only have to carry one after hours. I'd just use the BB to occasionally check emails outside of work. I didn't carry it 24/7.

4. markman thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, I was thinking of just forwarding my number to it. Might the the simplest way

5. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

Same here. I have a work phone that I'm required to use for work calls. I merely forward that to my iPhone. They don't know the difference which phone I answer. I never bring my work phone with me anywhere.

6. Lagmonster macrumors 6502

The trend is to allow BYOIT (Bring Your Own IT) and you own devices, so not all hope is lost in the long term. In the short term, I am right there with you. Have been BB for more years than I can remember. I have to reboot my device almost daily (9700 Bold) otherwise it crashes exactly when you happen to need it.

7. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

I used to love my Blackberry. But that was back in early 2007. :p

It's unfortunate that the company that bought out yours isn't taking advantage of the IT inroads that that acquired company made. Especially since the trend seems to be going in favor of BYOIT and iOS/Android devices. You could probably wait things out, and it would only be a matter of time before they start allowing iPhones... again. :)