Forced to update Apple PW???

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by davidra, Jun 20, 2016.

1. davidra macrumors 6502

After years of using the same password for some reason I am being forced to change it....which I don't want to do. Why??? Has this happened to anybody else?

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

When I inadvertently enabled 2 factor authentication

3. davidra thread starter macrumors 6502

Says my account was disabled for security reasons....I am not aware of any, however.

4. tonyr6 macrumors 6502a

tonyr6

When it rejected my stupid security questions which were right I had to call them to reset them. Then I was forced to change my remembered password to one I can't remember. Apple is going overboard with security. I use almost the same passwords since I was first online with dial up back in 1996 and I never had my account hacked or comprised.

5. Tech198 macrumors G4

Apple's on the side of security.. Users aren't.

6. RootBeerMan macrumors 6502

RootBeerMan

How were you notified of this change? Was it via an email? If it was you are being scammed. I get these phishing emails in my Apple mail every few days. They all tell me I need to change my password, my account has been frozen or will be deactivated if I don't take immediate action. If you can still access iTunes, your iCloud, email, etc then you're being scammed. Don't fall for it. I haven't been forced by Apple to change my password ever.

7. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

I would agree with RootBeerMan. Be very careful if the phone number you used is one you saw in the email or notification.