Forced to upgrade to Beta Yosemite versions? I'm not a dev?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by pogoyoyo, Jan 17, 2015.

1. pogoyoyo macrumors regular

So I have a feeling this has something to do with the yosemite public beta but ever since I tested yosemite, i've been forced to update to beta versions of yosemite through the app store app. I'm not a developer.. any idea why it's still pushing beta updates? And any idea how to stop it?
    I was under the impression the beta updates would stop when the official version got released and i updated to it..

2. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

The betas continue to be released to those who participate in the program. If you don't want to receive beta releases from the MAS, you will need to have a fresh install of the public release of Yosemite. That should solve your problem. You could also try installing the public release over what you have. If you continue to get pushed for beta releases, you will know why. The latter method worked for several people who wanted to go the public route. It may work for you.

3. pogoyoyo thread starter macrumors regular

I wouldn't mind going the beta route but 10.10.2 is so broken right now that I don't want to deal with this anymore. Do you think I could just reinstall the OS from the recovery partition? Or will that reinstall the developer version again?