Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

apeligros

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 2, 2015
At first, sorry for my english.
Im a new owner for the retina macbook pro 13 inches, the 2015 brand new.
Using my force touch trackpad, i have realized that at the bottom of the trackpad, when your using it to select a part of a sentence, or selecting a few words, is difficult or is imposible to select. you have to take your finger more "up" through the trackpad to finally select a part of a sentence.

for example, try to select 2 o 3 words of a sentence in this message, and do it with the part of the trackpad closer (almost to the edge) to the bottom of the computer. If you do it from the top, it is ok, but ffrom the bottom part, is almost imposible.

Rest of functions are working great in the trackpad in that area, except what i say.

Please try yours if you have a new one, and let me know if it happens the same.

Thanks all,

Regards from Spain:apple::)

patch5674

macrumors newbie
Apr 27, 2015
It is something engineered into the software because it happens on mine too, BUT, it only happens if you lift your finger off the trackpad place it right on the bottom lip and move your finger horizontally across the very bottom area, whereas if you start your finger in the centre drag it to the bottom and then slide horizontally it works flawlessly so it is some sort of action against accidental presses I should imagine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.