Forcing a call to voicemail (AKA ignore call)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TB07-NJ, Sep 18, 2010.

1. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

When a call comes in isn't there supposed to be a way to immediately send it to voicemail rather than waiting for voicemail to pick up automatically ? I could swear there used to be an option to "ignore call" unless I am thinking of another phone I had.

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

When in the lock screen, when a call comes in:

Press the sleep/wake button once to mute
    Press the sleep/wake button a second time to send to voicemail

3. MaxxTraxx macrumors 6502

Sometimes it shows, other times it doesn't.

-SN

4. TB07-NJ thread starter macrumors 68020

Thanks .... never knew that. :)

I've NEVER seen it. But I thought I had in the past. It could be due to my jailbreak.

5. jas1973 macrumors 6502

if your phone is on lock screen when it rings you will not see the decline call button. only if your phone is awake will the decline option show up. also on my phone i have noticed that when my phone rings. not only does the sleep wake button mute the call. the volume buttons do also. and before some smart ass says yeah if you turn the volume down while its ringing of course it will mute it, lol i mean all i have to do is hit the volume up or down button one time and the phone mutes...just mutes not decline. now i don't know if this is a feature of something is wrong with my phone, lol can anyone else tell me if their phone does this?
    i also had trouble today getting my phone to ring in my blue tooth headset, the music would mute but the phone would ring through its speaker not through the headphones. haven't had a chance to see if it is my bluetooth unit that is causing this problem yet, but i will get around to that

the bluetooth issue i determined was low battery, for some reason the music was still playing but it did not have enough power to ring the phone through the headset, soon after the problem began the music started to blink in and out as well, so im assuming that was the issue with that.

6. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

jas1973

To your first question. I've owned all 4 iPhones, and as long as I can remember, my up/down volume rocker have always muted the call with just one press. So nothing is wrong with your phone.