Forcing an update

cebixd

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 2, 2015
Croatia
Im
Getting tired of this. Every 2 two days, my brand new 6S automatically, downloads iOS 11.0.3 and ask me about the update. How to avoid this? I have zero interest in iOS 11.

Reactions: macfacts

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Im
Getting tired of this. Every 2 two days, my brand new 6S automatically, downloads iOS 11.0.3 and ask me about the update. How to avoid this? I have zero interest in iOS 11.
Have you deleted the update from storage? I've done that with one device that I deal with and it hasn't bothered prompting for update since then.

Aside from that you can install a tvOS beta profile and that will prevent updates (automatic or otherwise).

flowsy

macrumors 6502
Aug 16, 2009
Germany
Im
I deleted the update in settings/general/iphone storage and after a reboot the notification on the settings app is gone as well. It is now only visible in the settings/software-update section that there is an update available.

cebixd

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 2, 2015
Croatia
Yeah, I've deleted the update from storage. Now well see. But this is the second time ive done that.
[doublepost=1508165046][/doublepost]
Have you deleted the update from storage? I've done that with one device that I deal with and it hasn't bothered prompting for update since then.

Aside from that you can install a tvOS beta profile and that will prevent updates (automatic or otherwise).
Ill try to do that, tvos