Forcing Safari to Remember Forms?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by lanervoza, Jan 24, 2008.

1. lanervoza macrumors member

There are some pages I visit, namely my school's Blackboard login page, where safari did not ask me if I wanted to remember the password. Back when I used firefox, it worked, so I know it's possible. Is there a way to force Safari to remember it? Manual input?

Thanks,
    Alex

2. andy.barron macrumors 6502

Try:

preferences / autofill & check user names & passwords.

This should then remember your login.:)

3. Mac In School macrumors 65816

Some Web apps are specifically programmed not to remember usernames/passwords. It's a way to protect people from accidentally staying logged on when accessing from a public computer, etc.

My favorite way around this is with 1Password. You can tell it to remember any form, and it will be available in Safari, Firefox, Camino, etc. Amazing program, imo.

4. kfordham281 macrumors 6502

I've been using 1Password for the last few days and it's definitely a handy program.

5. ludooohhh macrumors newbie

Hi,

I've had the same problem with Blackboard (Safari 3.1.1 on MacOSX 10.4.11). The thing with Blackboard is that it uses javascript to fill the login form (and Autofill won't work).
    My answer to that was to use Safaristand, and to activate the Site alteration feature:

Go to your blackboard login page, don't fill anything.
    Then go to Stand menu --> Safaristand settings --> Site Alteration
    Make sure you have your blackboard page listed, check "Enable Site alteration", and check the second "Alter" line (the one which says "Javascript enabled" on its right). Uncheck "javascript enabled".
    This will basically deactivate javascript on the blackboard login page.

Now put your credentials (login and password) on the blackboard page. Click "yes" when you're asked if you want to remember your password.
    You'll get an error, saying you didn't provide any credential, but that's ok.
    Now you can deactivate the site alteration altogether and close the page.

Next time when you go to the blackboard login page, just type the first letter of your username, and you'll see that Autofill has been activated! (and you can check that in Safari preferences --> Autofill --> User names and passwords --> Edit

Hope this helps,
    ludo