forcing windows to install on mbp external screen

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by StephenNettles, Jan 13, 2012.

1. StephenNettles macrumors newbie

So here's the issue. My macbook pro works totally fine except for the screen...which is busted. This is totally fine since i use it with an external monitor. The problem comes when I try to install windows on a boot camp partition.... the windows installer will only use the internal screen and i can't install since i can't see the screen to answer questions... I tried using an unattended install but even those require minimal input and don't work. So... is there any way I can force it to use the external screen for the install? (or any other solution i haven't thought of yet)

2. arjen92 macrumors 65816

arjen92

I guess you already heard about a virtual computer like Parallels, VMWare Fusion or Sun's virtual box.

You could also try (just a wild guess) to access your hard drive with target disk mode and install bootcamp from another mac (borrow a friends or something like that) onto your mac's hard drive. Don't know if that'll work though.