Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jenkij

macrumors newbie
Mar 6, 2002
Just thought I'd share a letter I wrote to FMC (I'm sure they just ignored it). It kind of reminds me of how they behaved about 30 years ago when the Japanese first startet becoming a threat. I guess they haven't figured it out that trying to force people to buy their cars just doesn't work.

Hi, I'm currently a ford truck owner (my third one) but I've never been totally happy with the quality of the trucks, especially for the amount of money you pay for them, I drive them because they do tend to stand up to the inferior quality roads here in west Michigan better than unit body cars but that’s about it. After reading the article on Ford giving preferential parking treatment to employees that buy FMC cars I made up my mind, I will never buy another Ford even if it does meet or exceed the quality, features, fuel consumption, pollution level and price of your competitors. You may have the right, but I see making a policy that effectively penalizes employees that exercise their American freedom and buy a product suitable to their budget, family needs and personal taste is in itself Un-American and quite frankly discriminatory.

DakotaGuy

macrumors 601
Jan 14, 2002
South Dakota, USA
jenkij said:
Hi, I'm currently a ford truck owner (my third one) but I've never been totally happy with the quality of the trucks, especially for the amount of money you pay for them, I drive them because they do tend to stand up to the inferior quality roads here in west Michigan better than unit body cars but that’s about it. After reading the article on Ford giving preferential parking treatment to employees that buy FMC cars I made up my mind, I will never buy another Ford even if it does meet or exceed the quality, features, fuel consumption, pollution level and price of your competitors. You may have the right, but I see making a policy that effectively penalizes employees that exercise their American freedom and buy a product suitable to their budget, family needs and personal taste is in itself Un-American and quite frankly discriminatory.

Personally I don't see a big problem with this. Ford provides income for them and if the people don't support the company they work for then they should be building vehicles for someone else. It is not like they are making them buy Ford products, they are only offering an incentive (a little closer parking lot) for those who have chose to drive what they build. It is no different then a business having a reserved parking spot for the manager, owners, etc.

decksnap

macrumors 68040
Apr 11, 2003
Abercrombieboy said:
It is no different then a business having a reserved parking spot for the manager, owners, etc.

Yes it is. So your status at the company is higher because of what kind of car you drive? It's a very personal, costly, and important choice.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.