Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cody.chandler

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 6, 2009
short and sweet, heres the problem with all the information I have...

- 2011 Ford Focus w/ SYNC v3.2

- iPhone4 running 4.3.1

Had the car for about a week now. Originally connected my IP4 via the bluetooth stream on the SYNC system. All features worked flawlessly for a couple days (literally 2 days) and then suddenly the audio stream stopped working. All normal bluetooth phone functions work fine. Only the media stream to play the ipod quit working abruptly. To my knowledge, nothing has changed with either the sync system or the IP4. Tried deleting phone from sync and re-pairing, no luck. Even performed master reset on sync system as indicated in the Ford manual. Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks...

TigerBabe

macrumors 6502
Aug 6, 2010
Hollywood
short and sweet, heres the problem with all the information I have...

- 2011 Ford Focus w/ SYNC v3.2

- iPhone4 running 4.3.1

Had the car for about a week now. Originally connected my IP4 via the bluetooth stream on the SYNC system. All features worked flawlessly for a couple days (literally 2 days) and then suddenly the audio stream stopped working. All normal bluetooth phone functions work fine. Only the media stream to play the ipod quit working abruptly. To my knowledge, nothing has changed with either the sync system or the IP4. Tried deleting phone from sync and re-pairing, no luck. Even performed master reset on sync system as indicated in the Ford manual. Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks...

Did you re-sync with the phone itself? It could possibly be the update for iphone itself.

CHECK THIS ARTICLE OUT!!
http://blogs.computerworld.com/16394/ios_4_kills_ford_sync_iphone_os_4_0_problem_solved

Last edited:

cody.chandler

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 6, 2009
Did you re-sync with the phone itself? It could possibly be the update for iphone itself.

Originally I thought it might have been an issue with the phone. Since I was running 4.3, I decided to go ahead and update to 4.3.1. It stopped working while running 4.3 and continues to not work on 4.3.1. confusion is setting in....

crunchiespg

macrumors member
Aug 26, 2008
Mine just stopped working 2 days ago after months of it working pretty well. iPhone 3GS with 4.3.1.

I've deleted the phone and done everything. Phone side works perfectly. But it connects for Bluetooth audio. But no sound transmits.

big58ben

macrumors newbie
Nov 23, 2008
Try this

I had a similar problem. Took it my Ford dealer, they tested and tested and tested. Then the service manager tried a low tech approach - he DISCONNECTED the battery cable, left it off for a minute and then reconnected it. Problem solved! Seems the Synch system has a problem occasionally and needs the reset. Low tech but it worked.

Mine just stopped working 2 days ago after months of it working pretty well. iPhone 3GS with 4.3.1.

I've deleted the phone and done everything. Phone side works perfectly. But it connects for Bluetooth audio. But no sound transmits.

crunchiespg

macrumors member
Aug 26, 2008
I had a similar problem. Took it my Ford dealer, they tested and tested and tested. Then the service manager tried a low tech approach - he DISCONNECTED the battery cable, left it off for a minute and then reconnected it. Problem solved! Seems the Synch system has a problem occasionally and needs the reset. Low tech but it worked.

i just pulled the fuse in the fuse panel. same as pulling th battery but doesnt reset everything else on the truck.

its working now...

its fuse 2 on 2011 f150 trucks.

big58ben

macrumors newbie
Nov 23, 2008
Great

Glad the reset worked out. Like I said - low tech solution but Ford needs to put out a service bulletin on the issue. I posted a similar response on Ford's Synch site. I didn't post the fuse pull based on the fact that it can be difficult to locate with the multitude of vehicles. E.g. I have a Ford Expedition and it has 2 fuse boxes. The battery cable can almost always be located.

i just pulled the fuse in the fuse panel. same as pulling th battery but doesnt reset everything else on the truck.

its working now...

its fuse 2 on 2011 f150 trucks.

Last edited:

crunchiespg

macrumors member
Aug 26, 2008
Glad the reset worked out. Like I said - low tech solution but Ford needs to put out a service bulletin on the issue. I posted a similar response on Ford's Synch site. I didn't post the fuse pull based on the fact that it can be difficult to locate with the multitude of vehicles. E.g. I have a Ford Expedition and it has 2 fuse boxes. The battery cable can almost always be located.
i think the sync system is just crap in general as far as bluetooth connections are concerned.

for the first month my steering wheel controls to skip songs never worked. then it worked perfectly for 2 months. then the whole audio side died completely this week. didnt even work over usb (which i hate as it puts the song in alphabetical order not track order)

very erratic.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.