Ford Sync iPhone 4 Issues

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MUBiomed, Aug 11, 2010.

1. MUBiomed macrumors 6502

MUBiomed

I saw an older threads regarding this issue, but I wonder if anyone has found a workaround for the iPhone 4 failing to connect automatically to the Ford Sync system when the car is turned on. My 3G and 3GS never had any issues and would often override the USB input for audio when I started the car due to the auto pairing, but the iPhone 4 has to be paired manually every time I turn the car on. Both are fully updated.....any info out there regarding a possible fix?

2. stisdal macrumors 6502

stisdal

I have the same issue on an aftermarket Pioneer p3200bt head unit. My 3GS worked great every time, but now with the 4 I also have to manually set each time I get in the car:mad:

This ios just doesn't seem to have been completely finished or tested or something.

3. MUBiomed thread starter macrumors 6502

MUBiomed

I read where others were having trouble with Nissan's system as well. I would be interested to know whether a 3G or 3GS that has been updated to 4.0 will still automatically connect like it used to. Unfortunately I sold my 3GS and cannot test if it is a hardware issue or simply the new OS.