Forecast.io

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by sk1wbw, Mar 28, 2013.

1. sk1wbw, Mar 28, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2013

sk1wbw Suspended

sk1wbw

Anyone heard of this new website for the weather, www.forecast.io? It's great. Go there and bookmark it. It's already replaced TWC and Wunderground for me. Also, add it your home screen on your iPhone, it's fantastic.

So here's some pics of what it looks like, since I can't promote my free, worthless tumblr blog...

Attached Files:

2. nutmac macrumors 68040

I tried it on the launch day and as a fan of Dark Sky, I am excited about the possibility. The business model of Forecast.io is API, where app developers get free 10,000 calls per day, $2 for each additional 10,000 calls.

3. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Loving it so far too! I wish other weather websites were just as simple. :D

4. Dukat macrumors regular

Agreed, this is a great weather app that's already replaced my 2 paid apps.

Great looking, clean interface and shows you what you need, current, high/low and my favorite is the timeline that goes out to 7 days.

Hope they release a dedicated app so we can set push notifications for storm alerts.

5. JNGold macrumors 6502a

JNGold

The only thing I don't like about this web app is that it doesn't read the GPS current location each time you open the page and you have to go to a separate menu selection to get the current location forecast. During the course of a work day I commute through areas where the weather can vary at least a couple degrees and the conditions can vary not drastically but enough to warrant a specific forecast.