foreclosing homes.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by gregdrummeraz, Mar 8, 2008.

1. gregdrummeraz macrumors 6502

:eek: What do you guy's think of the foreclosure market?

Lot's of money to be made.

What is your opinion on it?

2. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Yes, you can make money in the Foreclosure market if you know what you are doing.

However, laws and regulations are different for each state. You need to know the specifics so you don't get burned.

3. gregdrummeraz thread starter macrumors 6502

How could I get burned? fee's?

My Aunt is a R.E.A. for Remax and is 2nd best in her office from last month! \

My guess is she would be a good person to talk to?

What about maybe buying a apartment complex for rental?

4. mcarnes macrumors 68000

mcarnes

Would you be approved for a loan that big?

5. gregdrummeraz thread starter macrumors 6502

well, why dont we ask the donald him self. :D

mc whatever.

can I borrow 16 million. I can make 16 mil earn about ~80 percent. hones

on another note. I will ust post another thread for that.:D it will be up in a second.

6. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

That's why you need to know the laws of your state as they vary from state to state.

One example comes to mind. I know you are talking about recent foreclosures that have been in the news. But foreclosures can be for other reasons as well such as the owner not paying property taxes.

In some states, the owner can have up to 2 years to pay off the taxes. So you can purchase the property, and be living in it, and the owner can claim possession if they pay the back taxes. Strange isn't it?

My point is that many of the get rich quick real estate seminars, TV infomercials, and the like make it sound like all you need to do is go out and buy some foreclosure property and you will end up rich. It doesn't always work that way, and is not near as easy as they make it out to be.

Having said that, you can make money if you know what you are doing.

7. gregdrummeraz thread starter macrumors 6502

8. foidulus macrumors 6502a

If you can find a 16 million line of credit in this day and age, you can afford to hire a professional to help you with all this....

9. gregdrummeraz thread starter macrumors 6502

so an investor group would be smarter?:(

10. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Do you want to buy these places and flip them or just rent them or resell them at a profit?

11. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

Seriously.

According to the OP's profile, he is 17 years old. I doubt any 17 year old could find a 16 million dollar line of credit.

12. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Yeah, something is fishy. Unless the OP registered the day MR opened and hasn't changed his profile info since, somethin is up. Perhaps someone mugged him and stole his iPhone as well?

13. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

He has already robbed us. The money is currently being transferred from our accounts direct to Nigeria.

14. SilentGreg macrumors member

Maybe you should consult this guy:

Attached Files:

15. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

Ummm ... I wish it was that easy. If you are already into real estate, have the funds, experience, patience, and know markets, then it might be a good idea.

If you are buying your first home, that might work too, just be very careful. Although you would think banks, HUD, etc, are eager to sell these, they move like a semi truck in an alleyway. :rolleyes:

16. geekgirl macrumors regular

Is this Casey Serin in disguise????

Seriously, read that link, and do a google search for more info about this guy. Read and learn from his mistakes.

17. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Before you jump in the rental market I suggest you doing some reading. I have been a landlord for the past 5 years. I am now up to 6 individual properties spread out over the US.

You really need to know what you are doing. Do you know what a GSI is? Do you know what it means? ROI? Cape Rate? NOI? and more.

I don't do a lot of flipping. I like the monthly income that is steady for 3,5,7 or so years. I have sudo flipped two properties.. Held them for more then a couple of months hens the sudo flip.

Here is are a couple of books that I keep handy:

http://www.amazon.com/Landlording-H...2353554?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1187120435&sr=8-1

http://www.amazon.com/How-Buy-Sell-...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1217436779&sr=8-1

If you have any questions please feel free to ask...

18. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Do you care if people like you or hate you?

You can make money if you can be openly hostile and hate people, while still going out for a beer with them and stabbing them in the back later.

Can make a lot more money if you want to grab the homes with problems that require tackling -- like throwing people out on the street.

Make a bit less, after these problems are fixed.

If you hate lawyers, want people to like you, don't want to get you hands dirty with the unsavory side, you likely cannot get in early enough to quickly flip homes to the people that will buy them to remodel.

Then there is the money, big risk big reward or failure.

19. SilentGreg macrumors member

How did you get started? If you don't mind me asking. I have always been interested in the real estate market but at a young age and college ahead of me, I have never really looked into getting started. By means of starting I mean flipping homes after a rehab or renting to individuals.