Foreign Exchange problems

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by TSE, Sep 25, 2009.

  1. TSE macrumors 68030

    Jun 25, 2007
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Okay, so this is ridiculous. I go to an "advanced" school and am a Junior this year. I planned on becoming a foreign exchange student to Britain my senior year. I just find out from my principal that I need ALL my credits done by the end of my Junior year to do foreign exchange. This means I need to pass Calculus, when right now I am in pre-calc. I have enough credits to pass a normal high school if I transferred, so my question is, if I just finished out this year and just switched schools to a normal high school after this year, could I do foreign exchange then or is it more complicated? I'm going to ask my principal about this later, but just wondering if anybody has any experience in this, and just wondering what other questions I should ask?

  2. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

    Zombie Acorn

    Feb 2, 2009
    Toronto, Ontario
    finish hs in the states, if you still wan. To go abroad do it in college.
  3. rhsgolfer33 macrumors 6502a

    Jan 6, 2006
    I don't think this is really all that uncommon. Most of the exchange students I've known have come in their junior or senior years in their home country, taken a year abroad, then had to continue in whatever year they would have been in back home (so if they left when they were going into senior year they would still just be becoming a senior when they went back).

    My advice is just to wait and do study abroad in college. Often times, depending on your school, you can transfer in and earn a lot of general education credits from study abroad (check with the office that coordinates your colleges program, but you'll probably want to go as a sophomore); that way you don't lose a year in school, but you still get the experience of living and learning in a different country.

Share This Page