Foreign language keyboard layout

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by h1r0ll3r, Dec 8, 2011.

  1. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040


    Dec 28, 2009
    I currently own a MBP with QWERTY (US) keyboard layout but need a Korean character keyboard layout as well. Does anyone know if Apple makes anything like this for their MBP's? Seems like my only option at this point is buying those little stickers and putting them on the keyboard myself however I was wondering if anyone else had a similar issue and had a better solution. Thanks.
  2. thundersteele macrumors 68030

    Oct 19, 2011
    you could buy a bluetooth or some other external keyboard with the layout you need.
  3. ericrwalker macrumors 68030


    Oct 8, 2008
    Albany, NY
    They sell stickers for only a few dollars that can go on the keys. Once you learn the keys you may not even need the stickers anymore.
  4. dusk007 macrumors 68040


    Dec 5, 2009
    Stickers is by far the best solutions.
    a) because you still probably need the english keyboard quite often
    b) exchangeing the keyboard is extremely expensive. You need to effectively buy a new upper case and reassemble the entire notebook. Forget it also there is no real difference. There are afaik only two types of keyboards the american one and the one with one additional key and the L shaped Enter key. The rest is just what is written on the keyboard and what does that really matter anyway. Apple doesn't write enough stuff on the keyboard anyway. On the german keyboard you have to search for the {} because they are on a different location than on any other PC notebook but not written on the damn keyboard.

Share This Page