Foreigners/iPhone-ATT coverage

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mpossoff, Jan 23, 2011.

1. mpossoff macrumors 68020

To all the foreigners who visit the USA.... what's your experience with ATT coverage?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Wouldn't it be the same as US citizens?

3. fabianjj macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; sv-se) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

From my experience in AZ, where pretty much everyone was using verizon as they supposedly had better coverage, AT&T worked pretty well for me as I could keep using my regular phone and the call quality was good and I had very few dropped calls. But as I was using a prepaid sim it got way to expensive. So I switched to a cheap verizon phone and it dropped calls like crazy, especially international calls, >50% were dropped.

4. mpossoff thread starter macrumors 68020

No cause I'd like to hear how their coverage is compared to Att.

5. Daveoc64 macrumors 601

The coverage would be the same as it is for a US customer.

I haven't visited the US since 2006 (it was Cingular back then) and I was only on a 2G device, but the coverage was good in the places I visited (Las Vegas, Honolulu, Maui, San Francisco, Hollywood, Anaheim, San Diego)

The main difference might be that people with a non-US SIM could roam onto T-Mobile or AT&T.

My carrier allows people to roam onto either. In a place with a poor AT&T signal, my iPhone would use T-Mobile and vice versa.

You probably wont see many people comparing data experiences, given the HUGE cost of using that abroad.