Forget Pre-Ordering! I'll just go to the store every day...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jmpmntwnty3, Oct 10, 2011.

1. jmpmntwnty3 macrumors 6502

I think I've made a decision not to pre-order, mainly because of the hassle and the trouble everyone is having with cancelled orders, delayed shipments, etc.

I was gonna pre-order via Apple and wait the "1-2 weeks" ... but I'd rather go to the store (every day for a week if I have to lol) and get it in person.

That way I don't get pissed off if Apple decides to change the "1-2 weeks" to "3-4 weeks," which I have a feeling they will due shortly before/after launch due to crazy demand.

I mean ... what if demand for this thing gets so high that they decide to ship more units to the retail stores? (which will most likely push back shipments units for pre-orders)

How many phones do retail locations usually get anyway? And do they get new shipments every day?

How practical is my idea? ... Or should I just go on ahead and pre-order, and just ......... "wait," which no one around here (including me, sadly) wants to do.

I feel like I'm going crazy!!! (LMAO)

2. fanboy05 macrumors regular

maybe the in person lines will be better than previous years. hopefully it will be better than the ipad2 release.

3. himynameiscody macrumors 6502a

himynameiscody

maybe the idiots should stop the preorders when they realize they can't fulfill all them in time

4. jmpmntwnty3 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah, maybe because so many people pre-ordered (Apple says over a million) ... that means less people in lines?

** Crosses fingers ** lol

5. Tnnrx7 macrumors member

The 1-2 week timeframe is pretty solid IMO at this point. I would still preorder, but take your shot at getting it somewhere locally and then just cancel your preorder.

6. FullMetalx117 macrumors regular

honestly i dont think anyone who followed all of the steps correctly and ordered on time will not receive the phone on the 14th. these "troubles" people are having is just paranoia and the fact that many people actually want to receive the phone early.

7. kappaknight macrumors 68000

kappaknight

I feel like you should reserve these types of questions for your psychiatrist. Pre-order now or go wait in line, the decision isn't that hard and you only have 2 choices. Why go crazy over it? It's just a phone, it's not a unicorn and it's not dragon eggs.

8. jmpmntwnty3 thread starter macrumors 6502

It's not just a phone.

It's an iPhone :)

9. Virance macrumors regular

As long as they give an accurate window of when the phones will be available if you pre-order (which they always have in the past), why would they stop pre-orders?

Many, many customers have absolutely no desire to go to the Apple store, or the AT&T/Verizon/Sprint store every day until they happen to luck upon one. They would much rather just toss in an order online and wait a month if that's what the current delay is.

Disallowing pre-orders because some people cannot read the "1 to 2 weeks" text that is clearly, and repeatedly printed on their web page just takes something away from customers who have the ability to read and have zero desire to stop by a retail store every day until they come across one with an available device.

10. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Better to ring ahead to ask if they have stock before wasting your time.

11. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

Go to your carrier's store - the lines will be much shorter. Though the trade off is their supply will be more limited as well.

12. MagnusF macrumors regular

Or just pre-order straight away and get it on launch day

13. laser310 macrumors member

so, if i go to an ATT store today, can i reserve a phone for the launch day?

i guess the answer is "no", but it seems this is what Sams Club is doing.

14. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

You are correct in everything you said.