Forget text reminder how about Appointment reminders

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by westernmass, Oct 2, 2008.

1. westernmass macrumors 6502

westernmass

I know it has been discussed but with all the talk of everything everyone wants ( C&P BLAH, MMS BLAH) I wish they would have added the reminder feature to appointments. One thing I miss about my treo (blasphemy :) I know) is if I missed an appointent that came up, in a few minutes it would chime again. just my $.02

2. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

this exists within the calendar app... when you create an appointment you can select a reminder time and tone.

3. westernmass thread starter macrumors 6502

westernmass

Do you mean you can set reminder for say 15 minutes first alarm than second alarm 30 minutes? I understand that but what I mean is I should just be able to set one alarm and if for what ever reason I don't hear or feel the vibrate it goes off again in a few minutes until I dismiss it. Now if I miss it, it does nothing.

4. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

yes, that's right... maybe they will implement that feature soon.

5. seedster2 macrumors 6502a

Of all the notifications that would need a reminder one would think that missed calls or appointments would have been prioritized over texts:confused:

6. ballen420 macrumors 6502

+1

Ridiculous. How do you add a text reminder and not a missed call reminder? If it's an emergency, I'm most likely not going to get a text. I always miss calls because the ringer volume is so low. Can't go into another room without carrying your phone, or coming back and checking it.

7. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. Hopefully it will come in the next update.

8. westernmass thread starter macrumors 6502

westernmass