"Forget this Network" no longer an option?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by devildog820, Sep 28, 2009.

1. devildog820 macrumors member

After updating to 3.1, I noticed that when I connect to a Wi-Fi network, I don't get the "Forget this Network" button anymore. It looks like they changed it to "Auto Join" with an On/Off slider.

It appears to have the same behavior as forget this network, with one key difference. Before, if you forgot a network and later came back in range, tapping on the network would turn on "Auto Join" again. Now, if you tap it, the iPhone will join the network, but it will not auto join in the future. However, I cannot disconnect from the wi-fi without toggling Wi-Fi Off/On or toggling the auto join slider.

Kind of annoying, but not life-threatening. Has anyone else noticed this? I should mention I'm using a Wi-Fi network that requires a login through a web page to get internet access.

2. r6girl Administrator/Editor

r6girl

Staff Member

Nope, I have 3.1 and still see the "Forget This Network" button when I tap on the blue arrow next to a wi-fi network to which I'm connected. It's there for both my home network (WPA encryption) and on the public AT&T wi-fi networks that also require a log-in through a web page (or allow you to auto-connect once you have 3.0 or higher, though I've found that not all AT&T hotspots have this yet).

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Same here. About the auto-connect: what's the deal with that? I've not found that to work at least at the McD's here, which is a hotspot. I always have to enter my phone number.