Forgive me - But Youtube doesn't work. Anyone else?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by meagain, Jul 21, 2011.

1. meagain macrumors 68030

Youtubes are just a black screen. I see no error messages anywhere.

I read about Adobe possibly having some issues but I'm not seeing any comments about Youtube not working? Any ideas? Thx

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Did you install Flash? Lion no longer includes Flash by default.

3. meagain thread starter macrumors 68030

Thanks so much. Duh huh? But I swear it was working earlier - then went poof. :)

4. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

Because of the growing transition, efficiency, etc. and the ubiquitous nature of the iPad, many YouTube videos are encoded in HTML5 and don't require Flash. You may have watch some of those prior to hitting a video that only has Flash playback, at which point your problem presented itself.

5. gentlefury macrumors 68030

6. NameUndecided macrumors 6502a

Since the gold master build and I think the build before that, probably 70% of YouTube videos for me have just sat on the swirly "loading" animation. Downloading/updating a new build of Flash hasn't come to mind because I haven't noticed Flash not loading elsewhere. This also wasn't a huge issue to trouble over just because I can copy a YouTube address and it copies into a program called JDownloader to download the video really fast anyway.

But yes, yeah, I just mean to say that you're not the only one. ;) I haven't tried any downloading-of-Flash solutions yet so I can't speak for it either way.