Forgot Android Lock ON Ipod

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Computerwiz, May 31, 2011.

1. Computerwiz macrumors newbie

My old lock combination is not working on my ipod touch so I need a way to delete it. I tried using this option

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=854625

but immediantly encountered a problem using Ifunbox.

Any help is greatly needed and appreciated!

2. tablo13 macrumors 65816

tablo13

Do you have SBSettings? If so, try to boot in safe mode. That'll bypass the android lock.

3. Computerwiz thread starter macrumors newbie

SB? Im not good with these terms haha.

4. Mr Slippy IV macrumors 6502

Mr Slippy IV

SBSettings is a Cydia package that lets you access some setting while you're doing basically anything.

Jailbroken stuff is out of my comfort zone, so I don't know about this or how to solve it. Just letting you know what SBSettings does.

5. satointl macrumors member

Well I can think of 3 choices.
    1 - Plug-in your iPod via USB. Download a program such as iFunBox (Windows) or DiskAid (Mac) and you can navigate though system files. Navigate all the way to the top of your directory and open the folder Library, then MobileSubstrate, then DynamicLibraries, and then delete AndroidLock.plist and AndroidLock.dylib.

2. It's the same way as option 1, but it's if you had SSH installed. You can download FileZilla, or WinSCP and type in your IP Adress of your Ipod touch and for username type in root, and password is alpine (assuming you didn't change it) and then follow the rest of the instructions of option 1.

3. If you have SBSettings from Cydia, as the other guy mentioned, you can swipe your StatusBar and hit the power icon, and tap safe mode. Wait, and let it respring and go into Cydia and uninstall AndroidLock.

6. Computerwiz, Jun 2, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2011

Computerwiz thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay I deleted the two files but here is where the problem is, my power (lock) button is broken so is there another way to reboot it? Will restoring it work?

7. satointl macrumors member

Well yeah restoring solves everything ;) But here's an alternative...you can let the battery drain to 0% and just plug it in your computer. That should be a reboot :cool: