Forgot Apple Password & Secret Question

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by saxondale., Nov 28, 2013.

1. saxondale. macrumors 6502

May 20, 2006
    So randomly my iPhone asked me to input the password for my iCloud account, after several failed attempts, it blocked my account and so I went ahead to reset my password. Stupidly, I've forgotten the answer to my secret question. Once again, after many failed attempts, it puts an 8 hour block on the Apple ID reset system. Emailing won't help, since it's set to send emails to said account. I now know the password for the account but it seems it's completely blocked anymore attempts and I must go through the reset password phase.

Does this mean I'm forever locked out of my account?

2. MonstaMash macrumors regular

Dec 24, 2011
    Give Apple a call. These security questions and answers are there for a reason, but if you cannot answer them they might be able to assist. But no guarantee.
  3. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

Aug 10, 2008
    I had this issue a few years ago with my daughters iTunes. I was able to put my credit card in the iTunes on her MacBook and Apple was able to comfirm who I was that way.

Set up the 2 step verfication, so much easier that those stupid questions. I got locked out even after I was reading off the screen shot I had of the answers.