Forgot iCloud password situation, w/ Apple reply included

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by Kjos, Jan 9, 2015.

1. Kjos macrumors member

This was a situation I got from a customer the other day (I work for a telecommunication company):

They didn't know their iCloud password, it had Find my iPhone on and they wanted it too stop asking them every 3 seconds to sign into iCloud, and of course they couldn't just sign out of it because they had Find my iPhone on.

This was their friends old iPhone and I was communicated with him over the phone and asking him for things that could help us get rid of the iCloud from this guys phone who he sold it too.

So we tried to reset their password, and it sent a confirmation to their hotmail which they don't know the password to that, and we tried resetting their hotmail which was the worst experience of my life and that didn't work either.

So we called Apple, got the nicest lady ever, but she needed to speak with the owner of the iCloud, which I didn't have in store, and she said in a situation where you can't reset your password we send you to the next tier in our tech support and they will work with you.

So its been a few weeks and I have not heard back from him so I assume Apple runs into this sometimes and has a policy set up to where in extreme cases they will reset passwords over the phone?

Interesting situation where I thought I'd share my experience if anyone is in need of help.

2. OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

I had something happen in the past, not the same, but similar to an extent.

Was able to call and get resolved on phone by speaking to the 2nd level support.