Forgot oktoprep.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ChrisN, Feb 10, 2008.

1. ChrisN macrumors 65816

ChrisN

Im on step 16 and I forgot to install oktoprep package and now jailbreak.jar isnt working so can anyone help? I can't get to home screen and I can't restore it but can anyone still help. Thanks.

2. Slip macrumors 6502a

Slip

You'll have to put it into recovery mode and go through the whole process again from 1.1.1 Im afraid :/

3. Eric Lewis macrumors 68020

Eric Lewis

well downgrade to 1.1.1 and try again

and remember to get the oktoprep

4. ChrisN thread starter macrumors 65816

ChrisN

im trying to restore it but when i hold down the sleep/wake button and home and let go sleep/wake it wont go. am i doing it wrong?

5. ChrisN thread starter macrumors 65816

ChrisN

nevermind i got it to work, i was just not holding it down long enough, thanks guys.

6. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

I don't want to make a new thread, as my last one was never answered, so forgive me, but...

My iPhone is stuck in Restore Mode at 1.0.2. I've tried 1.0.2, 1.1.1, & 1.1.2 restores and a straight 1.1.3 upgrade from iTunes 7.5 and 7.6. Unless I'm doing it wrong, DFU mode doesn't work now, either. Help, anyone?

Yes, I'll eventually wind up Oktoprepping again, if I can ever get this to work. See? I'm on topic.

Edit: I'll post some more info. I get Error Code (1) when doing 1.0.2, 1.1.1, & 1.1.2 things, and Error Code (1603) for straight upgrades. For the former, I get the error immediately after extracting the files. For the latter, it tries to go through the process and even gets to the Apple logo and spinning wait symbol before stopping. iNdepencence says, "Error registering callbacks from iPhone."