Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ChrisN

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 27, 2007
Demarest, NJ
Im on step 16 and I forgot to install oktoprep package and now jailbreak.jar isnt working so can anyone help? I can't get to home screen and I can't restore it but can anyone still help. Thanks.

Eric Lewis

macrumors 68020
Feb 4, 2007
CANADA? eh?
Im on step 16 and I forgot to install oktoprep package and now jailbreak.jar isnt working so can anyone help? I can't get to home screen and I can't restore it but can anyone still help. Thanks.

well downgrade to 1.1.1 and try again

and remember to get the oktoprep

ChrisN

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 27, 2007
Demarest, NJ
im trying to restore it but when i hold down the sleep/wake button and home and let go sleep/wake it wont go. am i doing it wrong?

Tallest Skil

macrumors P6
Aug 13, 2006
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
I don't want to make a new thread, as my last one was never answered, so forgive me, but...

My iPhone is stuck in Restore Mode at 1.0.2. I've tried 1.0.2, 1.1.1, & 1.1.2 restores and a straight 1.1.3 upgrade from iTunes 7.5 and 7.6. Unless I'm doing it wrong, DFU mode doesn't work now, either. Help, anyone?

Yes, I'll eventually wind up Oktoprepping again, if I can ever get this to work. See? I'm on topic.

Edit: I'll post some more info. I get Error Code (1) when doing 1.0.2, 1.1.1, & 1.1.2 things, and Error Code (1603) for straight upgrades. For the former, I get the error immediately after extracting the files. For the latter, it tries to go through the process and even gets to the Apple logo and spinning wait symbol before stopping. iNdepencence says, "Error registering callbacks from iPhone."

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.