forgot pass code?? help?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by elykoj, Oct 8, 2012.

1. elykoj macrumors regular

i was changing my pass code, and i screwed something up and now i dont have the correct passcode? i opened itunes and right clicked the device tab and restored from backup. when rebooted it still asks me for passcode? do i need to restore to factory settings and then restore from backup? HELP PLEASE???:confused::confused::confused:

2. Xenomorph macrumors 65816

Xenomorph

1) Restore the device.

2) Restore from Backup.

3. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

No matter how many times you restore from backup it will ask you for your passcode. You'll need to restore and setup as new.

4. iMaconApple macrumors 6502a

how can you screw up twice?:confused: password tell you to re type it again...

looks likes time for new set up

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

DFU restore and then restore from an older backup that hopefully didnt have the passcode lock or had a passcode that you do remember.
    Besides that there's no way to get in without it unless you setup as new and lose everything that you had till that point on it.

6. elykoj thread starter macrumors regular

??

if i restore the device. then rerstore from backup, will my old passcode work if asked? i just changed the passcode today and got distracted at work and must have punched wrong number???? my last backup to computer was 4 weeks ago, so if i restore from backup, will my old passcode work? or will it require what was entered in today?(the one i dont know)

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, any old backups created any time before todays change should be fine.
    As long as you didnt back up the iphone today with the new passcode.
    You should be able to select older ones though.

8. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

You already said you tried restoring from backup. Whether or not you completely restore the device first makes no difference, it will ask you for the passcode. Hopefully you have a backup of before you set the passcode!