forgot pass code?? help?

elykoj

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 6, 2012
i was changing my pass code, and i screwed something up and now i dont have the correct passcode? i opened itunes and right clicked the device tab and restored from backup. when rebooted it still asks me for passcode? do i need to restore to factory settings and then restore from backup? HELP PLEASE???:confused::confused::confused:

iParis

macrumors 68040
Jul 29, 2008
New Mexico
No matter how many times you restore from backup it will ask you for your passcode. You'll need to restore and setup as new.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
DFU restore and then restore from an older backup that hopefully didnt have the passcode lock or had a passcode that you do remember.
Besides that there's no way to get in without it unless you setup as new and lose everything that you had till that point on it.

elykoj

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 6, 2012
??

if i restore the device. then rerstore from backup, will my old passcode work if asked? i just changed the passcode today and got distracted at work and must have punched wrong number???? my last backup to computer was 4 weeks ago, so if i restore from backup, will my old passcode work? or will it require what was entered in today?(the one i dont know)

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
if i restore the device. then rerstore from backup, will my old passcode work if asked? i just changed the passcode today and got distracted at work and must have punched wrong number???? my last backup to computer was 4 weeks ago, so if i restore from backup, will my old passcode work? or will it require what was entered in today?(the one i dont know)
Yes, any old backups created any time before todays change should be fine.
As long as you didnt back up the iphone today with the new passcode.
You should be able to select older ones though.

iParis

macrumors 68040
Jul 29, 2008
New Mexico
You already said you tried restoring from backup. Whether or not you completely restore the device first makes no difference, it will ask you for the passcode. Hopefully you have a backup of before you set the passcode!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.