Forgot Passcode

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by noobdoc, Dec 20, 2010.

1. noobdoc macrumors newbie

Hi.

Someone changed the passcode on my iphone 3G, and now they forgot/or not telling me.

Can anyone tell me how to remove the passcode? i kno if i just connect it to my computer i can restore it but the problem is i havent upgraded to the new fw since i got it and im still on 3.13, if i try to restore it it'll just upgrade to the new one which is 4+ and i dont want that, is there any way that i can either restore back to 3.13 without having to upgrade to 4 and then downgrading like someone told me.

Also i want to ask about the backup data, when i do a back of the iphone does that backup only the settings or other data too cause more than the upgrade i want my data to be saved like contacts, sms, and my notes. is that possible too?

2. noobdoc thread starter macrumors newbie

3. Resist macrumors 68030

Just give the phone back to who you stole it from. :D

4. noobdoc thread starter macrumors newbie

5. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Hopefully you didn't, but questions like this often come from people who stole an iPhone and are trying to pass it off as theirs to break into it. Why don't you just talk to the person who changed it?

6. noobdoc thread starter macrumors newbie

Its my 9 year old cousin, he changed it. I tried to talk to him he says he forgot but i doubt it your entering 4 numbers in the same pattern twice to change it i doubt you can forget that if your old enough to know how to change it. So it just means he didnt wanna tell me. I didn't care cause i knew using the phone again wouldn't be a problem cause i could just restore but it slipped my mind that it would go to the newest fw.

It doesn't matter if i have to restore which im gonna have to do no matter what, all i want to know is that is it possible to not upgrade and just restore the original fw 3.1.2 and save all my data like SMS, Notes and Contacts im a doctor and i need my stuff.

I kno i can restore to 3.1.2 with hacked software which i've done before for my older phones and for friends but they don't save the data that's the problem that's why i want to do it with itunes, if its possible.

In itunes when i right click my phone on the left side it says "Back Up" does that back up the stuff i need like sms contacts and notes or no?

7. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

just restore it and point it to the 3.1.2 file in ~/Library/itunes

8. noobdoc, Dec 21, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2010

noobdoc thread starter macrumors newbie

how do i do that? how do i point it? i remember last time i did it i had to press CTRL then click Restore and then it opened a window where you can choose the file e.g the 3.1.2. But i can't now when i press CTRL it doesnt work.

9. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

Shift+Restore.

10. noobdoc thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, i'll try that, but the back up will save all the data i want right?