Forgot Password!! Mac Book Mac Os X Help!!!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by thunderbird1228, Sep 15, 2008.

1. thunderbird1228 macrumors newbie

:eek: Ok so I bought a macbook off the internet from some guy and I wanted to change all the passwords and stuff so my girlfriend has the macbook as well I took her Install CDs 1 & 2 and I held C down and changed the passwords than for some reason I completely blanked on the password I made my hint the password and it still shows up but when I type it all it does is shake the login box over and over :( ... I put the CD in again and held down C now this time it wont let the computer boot from the CD it goes directly to the logon screen!! I dont care I will restore the entire thing because I dont even know whats on it might as well start fresh I have had the computer for like 4 weeks now just sitting around... Can anyone help me out here!!!??? :confused:

2. bpasker macrumors member

What version of OS X do you have?

3. Amdahl macrumors 65816

Factoid: If you have OS 10.5.0, it has a bug that rejects correct passwords. You have to boot the 10.5.0 DVD and reset password. The bug can also be addressed by booting the bad Mac in Firewire Target Disk Mode, and using another Mac to apply any OS X 10.5.x Combo update or the very specific Login & Keychain update.