Forgot to call my bank yesterday V_V

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by guitarwiz23, Sep 12, 2014.

1. guitarwiz23 macrumors member

Shame on me. I got an email form apple saying payment has not gone through and any delay in fixing it may delay shipping times. I sure hope not because I would be mighty pissed off. Supposed to get the 6+ on release day. I know its my fault for forgetting to call my bank. I am on hold with apple now hoping to get them to go ahead and push the payment through.

2. Qu3st macrumors member

I called last night n he them place a note on the account.

3. ctbaz macrumors member

Why do you need to call your bank for an order?

4. Rafterman macrumors 68000

Fraud prevention checking.

5. chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

Some banks lock accounts when random large purchases are made, especially with a credit card, in a city that the card holder normally doesn't make purchases in, around Christmas time, or an online retailer that purchases are not normally made from. It's a way to prevent people whose bank card information has been stolen (it's not as effective anymore, as people now steal money in small amounts to avoid detection).

Calling them acts like a heads up.

6. ipodlover77 macrumors 65816

ipodlover77

Which bank? And did you use a credit card or debit card?

7. steemax macrumors regular

steemax

Because some people have daily limits on their debit cards... most debit cards are like this.

8. guitarwiz23 thread starter macrumors member

Chase, Debit. Didn't have enough room to put it on credit card with apple care plus, which i turned out not being able to add anyway.

----------

This IS true, however the previous posters were correct, it was a matter of fraud prevention, I don;t think I have a daily limit, and it wasn't due to overdraft protection either.

9. ipodlover77 macrumors 65816

ipodlover77

I ask because you aren't the first person to say chase is flagging the transactions as fraud.

10. PM-Performance macrumors 6502

My bank flagged all the orders from California this morning also. I got the same message and called to see wtf was up.
    All for a damn $50 charge for next tax.

Sooo pissed right now.

11. ctbaz macrumors member

You that have had to call the banks, have you had fraud issues before? Is that why they do that to your accounts?

12. PM-Performance macrumors 6502

Nope, But I know for my bank its only in PA. I guess when they see a slew of orders on the other coast at 3-4AM, they shut everything down.

13. ctbaz macrumors member

Makes sense.

14. nkl811 macrumors member

I called Chase ahead of time last night to tell them of this transaction and still had the transaction held up until I answered the call from Fraud Prevention. Frustrating.

15. Dreamliner330 macrumors 6502a

My Discover card sent me a text to confirm while I was on the phone with Verizon. I replied with a 'Y'. No issues. :)

I'd rather them verify than not.

16. PM-Performance macrumors 6502

I could see if the charge was out of the norm, but it really wasnt for how I shop.
    I wish they would have looked the charge was for a large legit vendor and maybe call before rejecting.

17. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

I wonder why Chase does that? My credit union called me this AM to ask if I'd made a purchase, but it was because I had to cancel the crazy order that was all wrong from last night around 3:30AM and complete another one this morning around 8am that had all the stuff I needed (preorder early in the AM skipped right over allowing me to buy AppleCare or a case for some reason).

They didn't block my purchases, just questioned whether or not I made them.

Chase will block a purchase in a hot minute, though. Every time we take a trip to NorCal, even though we go there a few times a year, they are the first card to reject something as simple as a lunch receipt from Panera bread. Yeah...someone stole our credit card and went to Panera to have lunch.

/smh

18. blunti macrumors 6502a

This is why chase does it:

[​IMG]

19. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

Hmmmm. Do they have a good deal of charge disputes, I wonder?

20. KittyToy macrumors 6502

KittyToy

Same thing happened to me but since I have notifications on I got the email right away asking if I made such purchases so I called the
    And cleared everything at 4am and waited for apple to email me to resubmit. Still have 9/19 date