Forgot to wear my Apple Watch (1) Today...

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Theydonboi, Nov 7, 2016.

1. Theydonboi macrumors member

Managed to leave the house without my Apple Watch. I'm in an unbroken run of a couple of hundred" "Activity days" which has been a great motivation to me. I'm going to struggle to hit my target today as won't be able to wear it until the evening.

Is there a way of sync steps and exercise data from the Health App to the Activity App?

2. Julien macrumors G4

Julien

Unfortunately not.

3. infinitejest macrumors 6502

infinitejest

4. consultant_on_journey macrumors regular

isn't it possible only to have iphone with you and health has the activity data from today so that you get your rings?

5. Julien macrumors G4

Julien

The iPhone doesn't recored to the Activity app.

6. anthonymoody macrumors 68020

A really poor oversight. Even if it doesn't get steps as accurately as the watch, it obviously has its own GPS for accurate distance and speed. Frustrating.

7. Julien macrumors G4

Julien

You don't even get the Activity app unless you pair an :apple:Watch. Also Stand would not work or many of the Workout's.

8. GovtLawyer macrumors 6502

I'm curious about one thing. If you have several hundred unbroken days of activity, why would it be a struggle to meet your goals for the day? Isn't is almost routine by now?

9. anthonymoody macrumors 68020

Move and exercise could easily work, and I have little doubt that Apple could figure out Stand if it wanted to. Hell, the AW S0 - without GPS - is capable of remarkably accurate location tracking, as evidenced by the early betas of Watch OS 3.

10. cmbauer macrumors regular

cmbauer

Because he forgot the watch as home and wont be able to get to it until tonight. So unless he does alot of exercise adn moving and standing he will lose his streaks

11. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Nothing you can do about the stand, but you can extend your exercise and move streaks by running Other workout for however long you need to make your goal -- it gives you credit even if you are just sitting in your chair reading.

12. sm2teach macrumors newbie

Could you lower your move goal for the day? Force press the rings and change goal. You know in your head that you have moved, so it wouldn't really be cheating. And getting 30 minutes of exercise is as easy as taking a short walk. But the stand goal is shot. Losing my long streak would cause me more harm than tweaking the data for a day.