Forgotten my iPhone 3G alphanumerical passcode

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by hairofitri, Jan 7, 2010.

1. hairofitri macrumors newbie

Jun 3, 2009
    I've only managed to get the alphanumerical passcode part down a few days ago, and since then, I've only used two distinct passwords. And then suddenly I tried the one I've been using the latest, but it says it's wrong! I tried the other one too, and that didn't work either.

So my question is, how can I get over this problem?

Thanks very much in advanced. This is like, my 30th iPhone (slight exaggeration in use), and I don't wanna have to change again.. Help, please.
  2. mstrze macrumors 68000

Nov 6, 2009
    Why would you need a new phone if you forgot your password?

Worst thing that can happen is you need to do a factory reset and start from scratch.
  3. hairofitri thread starter macrumors newbie

Jun 3, 2009
    Mmh. Good point. But that doesn't help. I don't wanna do a factory reset.. Anyone know any other, less troublesome way to get past this?
  4. arcsbite Guest

Jan 14, 2006
    Do you have a mobileme (.mac) account?
    if so, log in to "Find my iPhone" and tick "set passcode"
    you can then remotely set a new passcode and override the current one
  5. hairofitri thread starter macrumors newbie

Jun 3, 2009
    /: No, I don't.. Never really bothered with a mobileme account. ***************. Anything else..?
  6. hairofitri thread starter macrumors newbie

Jun 3, 2009
    Additional details that may help to filter any unsuitable suggestions/narrow down suggestions:

I use a Mac.
    I live in Malaysia.
    It's an iPhone 3G, software version 3.1.2.
    I use iPhone Configuration Utility to get the alphanumeric password setting.
    The iPhone is jailbroken with blacksn0w.
  7. rikesh macrumors newbie

Dec 26, 2009
    Dial *#307#, press send and accept, then end the call quickly. You will be faced with your contacts screen. Retrieve all the data you need.

Then do a restore from iTunes, set up as new phone.

Don't think there's an easier way.