Forgotten p/w + admin p/w disc drive broken

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Dilly445, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Dilly445, Sep 25, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2012

Dilly445 macrumors newbie

I have an old ibook g4 that has been in a drawer for a while and I suddenly wanted some information from it that I hadn't migrated to my new macbook pro. I haven't got a clue what the passwords are, even with the hints I gave to myself, it's three years since I looked at it. I did my student dissertation (conservation of historical objects) on this machine and I now have a studio and there are some recipes on there that I need on how to clean leather and a recipe for an airbrush medium (museum standard) and it's on this machine!!!! towards the end of my degree I ended up in hospital for 8 months, now recovered can't remember these passwords.

The disc drive is broken on this g4 (which is why I got a new one) so I can't put the start-up disc in to reset by pressing the 'C' key.

HELP please, I bet there's loads of other info on there that I've forgotten about like photos that I haven't seen in ages etc................... please give me a tip.

The charger lead's a bit loose but have managed to get it charged up but how do I get past this first screen?????????

Hopeful that something can be done.......

2. Dilly445 thread starter macrumors newbie

me again

I've just put my question to apple support, let's see what they come up with....