Forgotten Passcode

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by NammiRokko, Mar 15, 2016.

1. NammiRokko macrumors newbie

Hi Guys,
    I have a iPad Air 1 and I forgot my passcode and tried to restore the iPad using iTunes but I failed. Also, I tried to forget device using iCloud, but I found out that after getting disabled, you cannot connect to Wi-Fi. Can someone lend me a hand?

Thanks

2. Powermax macrumors regular

Turn the iPad off. Keep the home button pressend and connect it to the computer. Keep pressing the button until the iTunes logo appears on the iPads screen. Now you can restore it via iTunes.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201263

3. NammiRokko thread starter macrumors newbie

It says that iTunes cannot sync because the iPad is locked. Anyway thanks for that, man.

4. McBeresford macrumors regular

McBeresford

Take it to the Apple Store with ID and proof of purchase, they are able to bypass.

5. dennysanders macrumors 6502

dennysanders

you have to call in for that. that proof of purchase has to be submitted to the activation lock team. they remove the account from the device remotely but then you have to restore through iTunes for that to finalize.

EDIT: they would be able to restore it on a computer at the store though...just realized this isn't even an activation lock issue...just needs to be forced into recovery mode...i guarantee it's user error in putting it in that state

6. NammiRokko thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks man, I'll do that first thing next morning.