Formac gallery display

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by redblueblur, Apr 23, 2014.

1. redblueblur macrumors newbie

Hi. Anyone know how a Formac Gallery display is powered? I've just been given one that I was hoping to plug into my Mini, but I can't find a power socket. It has what appear to be a couple of USB sockets on the back and the three wire cable coming out of the back, which has a USB plug, a DVI plug and another tiny round plug that I don't know what it is. Am I missing something? Can't find any other sockets anywhere.
    Thanks.

2. xraydoc macrumors 604

xraydoc

I'm betting it's the tiny round unknown plug...

3. campyguy macrumors 68040

Thus begins your journey. ;) I drooled over Formac displays when they came out, had a couple of friends that dropped serious coin on the 20" display.

You're going to have to hunt for what was a proprietary connector - called a Formac Display Connector, or FDC - with one of two opposite ends. The Mac version had an Apple Display Connector (ADC) on the other end and the PC version had a DVI interface on the other end. I'd look for the PC version - the only ADC Mac I owned was a G4 Cube about a decade ago...

You have a display that's likely at least 12-13 years old for the 20" and possibly even older if it's a 17". The backlight on those displays was warranted for only a year, and I went with a Radius Pivot CRT instead. Good luck finding the right cord - you're going to need it!