format drive, install Leopard, what about iLife that came with Mac?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by eric4, Oct 29, 2007.

1. eric4 macrumors newbie

I'm reading that many people recommend backing up my data, then erasing or formatting the drive before installing Leopard. I have disks for all the software I've purchased, but what about iLife? It came with my new Mac when I bought it, but there's no install disks. So how do I put it back on after I install Leopard?

I was just planning on backing up the data (/users), but could I also back up the iLife apps and then copy them back after installing Leopard?

Or is this the time to upgrade to the new iLife?

2. vega07 macrumors 65816

look at my thread I started 2-3 days ago. the title has iphoto in it.

3. eric4 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the info, I read your post and found others as well. I ended up doing an "archive and install" which preserved my iLife apps.

4. Arkanok macrumors 6502a

Arkanok

If you don't want to do the archive install option, but an erase and install instead, you can do so, and after the installation is complete, just put in disk 1 of the Tiger installer that came bundled with your mac; you should see an option labled something like "Install bundled software only". Click this, and you can install just the iLife '06 apps if you wish.

5. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

iLife is on the restore disks that came with your mac. Yes there are quite a few threads on this. And yes the archive will do you just fine.