Formating my NTFS partition FOR OSX and NTFS

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Scafidi454, Dec 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scafidi454 macrumors newbie

Hey guys, quick overview. I have an Intel-based system that I have already repartitioned to give me 40GB for OSX. I am using a disk by the name of "iAKTOAS" or something like that.

I have already gone through Disk Utility to try and format my unused partition, but it doesn't show up.

-How can I partition that "free" partition in Windows XP?
    -What program should I use to do this, preferably free?
    -How is the MBR going to work? How should I set the system up to allow me to choose from XP or OSX?
    -What else do I need to know about OSX "Journaled", "Extended", or just "OSX"?

2. Velin macrumors 65816

Velin

For OSX to properly install and run, the "Mac" partition must be formatted using OS X Journaled.

Is this a PC or is it a Mac? If a PC, this would explain the issues you are having.

3. Scafidi454 thread starter macrumors newbie

It's a PC. I tried last night to re-partition my HDD and ended up losing my copy of Windows :(. Since then I've reinstalled XP and have allocated 40GB of "blank" space so that I could go back in and put OSX on it. However, after I got into the Disk Utility on OS X, I could not find the "blank" partition that I created.

What I really want to know is if there is some PC software that will allow me to format that "blank" space of 40GB into an OS X Journaled format?

4. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Pirated software is not supported on these forums.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.