Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

freep

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 26, 2008
UK
I had to format my MBP and reinstall Leopard (due to a corrupt HDD). I had managed to restore my iTunes library (by pasting the entire iTunes folder from a backup to the Music folder on my Mac, however, when I reconnect my iPhone, it opens iPhoto to allow me to sync my photos but does is not recognised in iTunes. I have restored the iPhone backup to my Mac in the following location: /Library/Application Support/Mobile Sync/Backup/iPhone Software Updates, however, in iTunes preferences --> devices this backup is showing as 'unknown' and I am still unable to view my iPhone.

Im guessing that my iPhone will now showup as it thinks that I am trying to sync with a different computer - does anyone know how to get iTunes to recognise my iPhone so that I can resync?

freep

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 26, 2008
UK
I forgot to say that when I connect my 5g iPod it does load in iTunes and I am able to sync as normal. Anyone got any ideas on how to solve this?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.