Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Markleshark

macrumors 603
Original poster
Aug 15, 2006
Carlisle, Up Norf!
So I had a reformat this morning. Basically, I have everything I need synced with MobileMe and I need to get it back from 'the cloud' to my Mac.

I have tried to Sync with MobileMe but it throws up a warning about already have a computer with that name and that I might loose all my information. Now that I don't want to do, so how do I sync from Cloud to Mac?

IgnatiusTheKing

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2007
Texas
So I had a reformat this morning. Basically, I have everything I need synced with MobileMe and I need to get it back from 'the cloud' to my Mac.

I have tried to Sync with MobileMe but it throws up a warning about already have a computer with that name and that I might loose all my information. Now that I don't want to do, so how do I sync from Cloud to Mac?

Go to System Preferences > MobileMe > Sync. Click the "Advanced" button and delete your Mac from the list of registered computers. Then sync and accept the option to overwrite all the info on the Mac and replace it with the info on MobileMe.

PS. Jeremy Clarkson is hilarious. Top Gear is one of the best shows on television.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.