Formatted PC Looses All App Sync Data!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Badd, Sep 8, 2010.

1. Badd macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I currently had a virus in my computer and thus i had to Format it. During this i lost all the data of Syncs and Apps and stuff.
    When i click on the "Sync Apps" in my iPhone Tab. The Preview on the right changes from my apps to No Apps except for bookmarks. What i want to do is keep all the Apps as they are currently and want to get all the Apps which i have bought during the purchase of my iPhone on the list on the left, as my Apple Account records what i buy, i should some how get the apps back on the list which should include me downloading them again.

Thanks,
    Badd.

2. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

You re-download the apps. Since you've already purchased them, you'll be able to re-download for free.
    Don't you have any backups that are separate from your main HD? For example, an external drive?

3. Badd thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes i have, i moved all the songs i had to them. How do i re download them for free?

4. davidlnewsom macrumors newbie

all your apps are still on your phone,go too the search area un your phone(very ist page on phone)type in g and your game apps will be there same for musik its all still all on your phone.its a hassel but this is the only way i have found too find my apps.hope this helps:)

5. Badd thread starter macrumors newbie

I know they are on my phone, becuase i formatted my computer all the app purchases from iTunes have disappeared.... all of the purchases are still on the phone, but how do i transfer ALL the free and paid apps i have downloaded to iTunes?

6. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

Connect your iPhone to iTunes, cancel the sync, and then where it shows your iPhone in the pane on the left-hand side, right click and select 'Transfer Purchases'.

7. Badd thread starter macrumors newbie

What if i want to transfer ALL the apps i have previously purchased, in the past? which have been deleted from the phone?
    Edit: the purchases must have been recorded so, can i transfers all of them this way?